MY JOURNEY COLORING BOOK
A Coloring Book to Bring Hope and Love!
- This coloring book was created with love by 17-year-old Morgan Sailer from Northern, CO.
- 100% of proceeds to go donating these books to children in hospitals.
- 6000 coloring books have been donated as of Feb, 2019.
- Newly revised version for girls and boys - available in March, 2019!
Morgan began her healing arts journey with River + Pearls when she was 15 years old. Two years later, she had an idea to create a coloring book with her drawings that would bring inspiration to children in hospitals. Morgan’s hope is that children and teens may experience healing through art—that coloring each picture is a creative outlet to process their emotions, focus on something positive, bring comfort to their hearts, and fill their surroundings with love.
My Journey Coloring Book flows from a very deep and personal journey I have been on after losing my little 10-year-old sister from a very brief and tragic battle with Leukemia. Jordyn had a beautiful soul that was unique to her. She was funny, sweet, joyful, and humble. She was so loving and kind to those around her. I loved her caring heart that was expressed frequently throughout her day. Her attitude and actions influence me to become a light for others.
I began my journey with River + Pearls to use creativity and art to process what I was going through. All of the pages in the coloring book have been created from my own personal journey and then re-created in a format to provide a tool for other girls to process whatever they are going through, whatever it might be.
As part of my creative journey with River + Pearls I was encouraged to think about what I have experienced in life and think of how I could bring hope to others. When thinking about how I could honor Jordyn’s life I thought about all the children and even teenagers who are in hospitals going through difficult experiences. Many people brought coloring books to my little sister when she was in the hospital, but they were often too difficult to do because she felt weak and did not have the energy to complete them.
I had the idea to create a coloring book that would be both inspirational and manageable for the children. I wanted each page to have purpose. The left side of the page is blank so they have space to write out what they are feeling or create something of their own. As the children color the pictures I hope they will find a creative outlet to process their feelings, focus their attention on something positive, bring comfort to their hearts and fill their room with love.
FOR CHILDREN'S HOSPITALS
In just a short time, 6000 coloring books have now been donated to children’s hospitals all over the USA. Morgan's coloring book is providing a beautiful and powerful tool for the Child Life leaders in children's hospitals to use in helping children and teens use creativity and art to process what they are going through. We have been told that the children are moved because they feel Morgan created the book just for them! And she did.
As of February 7, 2019 we have shipped 6000 Coloring Books to children in hospitals, including these (but not limited to). Listed in order of state.
- The Children's Hospital at Providence, Anchorage, AK
- Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA
- Colorado Children's Hospital, Denver, CO
- Rocky Mountain Children's Hospital, Denver, CO
- UC Health-Longs Peak Hospital, Longmont, CO
- UC Health-Medical Center of the Rockies, Loveland, CO
- UC Health-Poudre Valley Hospital, Fort Collins, CO
- John Hopkins All Children's Hospital, St. Petersburg, FL
- Kapi'olani Medical Center for Children, Honolulu, HI
- Shriners Children's Hospital, Honolulu, HI
- Norton Children's Hospital, Louisville, KY
- Children's Hospital Michigan, Detroit, MI
- Shriners Hospital for Children, Boston, MA
- UNM Children's Hospital, Albuquerque, NM
- Cape May Medical Center, Cape May, NJ
- Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, New York, NY
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Oklahoma Children's Hospital, Oklahoma City, OK
- Shriners Hospital for Children, Portland, OR
- Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt, Nashville, TN
- San Antonio Children's Hospital, San Antonio, TX
- Texas Children's Hospital, Houston, TX
- Seattle Children's Hospital, Seattle, WA
- Shriners Hospital for Children, Spokane, WA
HOW YOU CAN JOIN MORGAN IN SHINING FOR CHILDREN!
Match a grant or make a donation of any amount. All donations go to covering the cost of getting the coloring books printed locally in Fort Collins, CO and shipped to each hospital in Colorado and throughout the United States. We would love to talk with you if you are interested in knowing more about how you can help!
2. SHOP & VIEW COLORING BOOK HERE
CHILD LIFE SPECIALISTS * HOSPITAL TEAM
If you have received Morgan's Coloring Books for the children in your hospital, we would love to hear from you in the comment section below. Please share what hospital you are with and how the Coloring Books are being used. Thank you for letting us come alongside your children and pour into their hearts!